Monday 24 January 2011

France, cafe au lait, croissants and Clermont Ferrand

Victoria and Trevor cowan  are based in Clermont Ferrand, here in tranquil France. Their shop is Ancienesthetic.


I love Limoges pottery and was pleased to find this pretty piece in their shop.


 Limoges is not very far away from me and the pottery is famous worldwide and very collectible.

This vintage scarf is very typically French for me and shouts PARIS. I worked for a while near Geneva and my friend and I sat in a cafe, people watching on our days off. We loved seeing the Ladies out shopping in their fur coats, with matching poodles under their arms and chic scarves around their necks, just like this.


French lace is so delicate. Having seen demonstrations at local Vide-greniers I was amazed and in awe of the amount of time it takes to make one square inch of lace.  Our elderly neighbour made lace as her hobby. Her pieces are beautiful and reflect many hours of patient work and concentration.

Here are some of Ancienesthetiques precious pieces.



My competition is still open, all you need to enter is send a photo of an 'Extreme Stash' and a short description.  Open to all. Win a shirt like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment